17 (Birthday: 11th December)
The voice of reason.
Outskirts of London
Unemployed sixth former
Relatively happy nuclear household, and a cat. Very middle-class.
Katherine Bennett (née Carpenter): mother. Head of art faculty at local high school. Introverted and very content with being alive.
Zachary Bennett: father. Interior designer. Collects vinyls.
Leo Bennett (14): younger brother. Very few friends. Gamer who barely leaves his room and occasionally steals her DS games.
Panromantic asexual: this is brought up w/ her trying to find a love interest and them being disinterested in her lack of desire for sex
+ warm, intelligent, generous, patient, forgiving
- pedantic, obsessive, naive, reserved, easily-stressed
LIKES: obscure Norwegian music, productivity, Norse mythology, Animal Crossing, lemon flavouring, watercolour painting, plants, pets, comfy clothing
DISLIKES: noise pollution, chili, public transport, alcohol, crowds, negativity, brainfreeze, incurious people
- Diagnosed with Aspergers as a kid, isolated in primary school (a knock to her self-esteem). Hoped high school would be a fresh start.
- Worried parents made her take self-defence classes, which she loathed; irritated by the fact that she's not treated like a person so much as someone in need of help.
- Came out in Year 9, only to not be taken seriously by anyone except Becca and Lukasz.
- Goes to Spectrum and is dismayed to find that she doesn't fit in as well as everyone else. Becca's efforts to help her, though starting out innocent, end up a complete 'social Frankenstein' makeover; Faye realises this, doubting her own likability as a person.
- Their old cat gets v sick and his odds of living aren't great. Combine this with A-Level stress and everything else, and you get aaaaa...
- ...very public stress breakdown. Family goes up to their summerhouse in Scotland so they can all recharge: Faye comes back to kindness from the Spectrum members and a genuine apology from Becca, though Faye's mother believes it best that the two stay away from eachother. They part on amicable terms.
- A born people-pleaser; Faye is scared of loneliness and does everything in her power to avoid it... she isn't remotely picky when it comes to new friends, a notable example being Year 12's clique of outcasts (who Becca frequently demonises). It just makes her happy having a support system.
- In her desires to live a life resembling her mother's, Faye's VIOLENT PERFECTIONISM has become a fatal floor. Trying to keep her options open, she tries to be a master of all trades: due to the subconscious fear that she'll grow to hate her career path.
- To summarise, Faye just wants to be /enough/ for both herself and everyone else... without realising she's already more than enough. There's always been an underlying paranoia that she'll never be satisfied, so she fills it with optimism and plasticine pliability to ensure that everyone remains on her side. The more allies you have, the less likely things are to go wrong, the happier you'll be.
- Faye's A-Levels are Fine Art, Geography, Biology and Maths.
- Being particularly sensitive to noise and crowds, she will often avoid using public transport unless accompanied. She carries headphones in her bag for this exact reason.
- She's particularly good at time management (fond of desk planners in partiular); leading to most of her friends asking her to make them decent revision timetables...
- Faye's a stationery addict, and Paperchase will forever be her favourite store.
- She had a pagan witchcraft phase in Year 10, much to the ridicule of her friends.
(Upon being asked "will you ever be satisfied?") - "Hmm: perhaps if I received a handmade cake from the Secretary of Education with icing that says 'sorry you have to deal with this shit'. Also fifty pounds in cash. Otherwise, nope."
- "Yeah, you know what they say. All play and no work makes Jack a fucking dumbass."
- BECCA: It's cool; I'll take a backseat and wait for karma to punch her in the vag.
FAYE: Karma's a social construct and extremely unreliable. You got a plan B?
BECCA: Fine, I'll punch her in the vag myself. Happy?
FAYE: I'll be happy when you stop saying 'vag'. Also: throat knocks the wind out - failing that, go for the nose; it'll hurt like hell.
BECCA: How'd you know all this?
FAYE: Um - unimportant.
('THE REASON YOU SUCK' SPEECH)
FAYE: For someone who claims to hate herself, you can be a serious narcissist.
FAYE: Don't fight me on this one. I've heard hours' worth of your bitching about my group of friends who are /genuine/ nice people--
BECCA: Oh, come /on/. They're the butt of the joke with legit everyone in Year 12. Hey, I brought you to Spectrum and look how your clique upgraded!!
FAYE: This may come as a shock to you, but life isn't a high school movie? You're obsessed with giving me this weird 'personality makeover' when look how it's worked out with you. Look at yourself. You befriend, like, one girl in the year above and suddenly you're the picture of depth! It's all well and good pretending to be above it all, but you talk to your favourite teacher at a designated lunchtime "just because". How is that any change from primary school and having teachers be your only mates because "they're mature"...
(A pause. Faye momentarily looks like a deer caught in headlights.)
FAYE, CONT'D: I didn't mean any of that.
Kind of clothing?
Pastel, feminine, flowy. Occasionally seen in paint-stained pink dungarees.
Alpacas are soft and lovely and can do no wrong.
Least favorite animal?
OXEN ARE BAD.
What element would they be?
Air. The chillest.
Bastille - Sleepsong.
Deadly sin that best represents them?
Which animal would they be?
Probably an owl. Smart. Kinda cute.
Stupidly high -- eh, she has a little brother. That says it all.
The local gardens.
Her mother got everything about her life right.
Breadsticks are appropriate for anywhere and any occasion.
Alice in Wonderland and anyone who finds it overrated can shut tbeir
Dream place to live?
Canada has everything she wants from a country.
A black cat, Minnie, who is showered in love by all of Amelia's friends.
Most appropriate TV trope(s)?
Teen Genius, The Ingenue, Beneath The Mask
Apples and acrylics.
How do they feel about love?
It seems a little too idealistic, but she craves it nonetheless.
Least favorite color?
Lime green makes her eyes hurt.
Fears or phobias?
Isolation from the rest of the world.
Music they listen to?
Soft indie stuff and upbeat pop stuff. There is no inbetween.
Tapping on tables/floors. Humming. General noise disturbance.
Religious and to what extent? Any spiritual beliefs?
Semi-religious pagan. Near-death experiences and creepy recall of past lives have to be more than publicity stunts.
Kind of student if they attend/were to attend school? (e.g. class clown, straight A)
Sacrifices sleep for top grades despite being able to pass a subject without revising.
Role in a Disney movie
Optimistic sunshine heroine.
What ONE item would they take to an uninhabited island?
A silver knife seems most practical.
Outlook on life?
It's literally terrifying what the hell is the point
Most important person in their life
She couldn't live without her immediate family.
What was your character like as a child?
Very talkative. Boundless amounts of energy.
What (if they can) does your character eat?
Healthily as heck. She's a devout vegetarian.
What is something other people assume about your character?
Most people don't give Amelia the time of day, assuming she has no real personality.
Do they like the name they were given?
It's okay. Decently normal, but not unmemorable.
Clamming up and going silent; occasional hand-wringing.
English and French (it's pretty).
Occasionally lockets, but mostly no jewellery.
Have they ever wanted to commit suicide?
More than once, but she doesn't want to upset her family.
As a child, what did they want to be when they grew up?
Either a painter or a popstar.
Belief in an afterlife?
Reincarnation seems most plausible.
Views on gambling, lying, killing, etc...?
It's dubious, and she'll try to steer friends away from the morally bad stuff.
Do they stand up for what they believe in?
It's fifty-fifty, depending on how stupid your opinion is. Unlike Becca, Amelia manages to argue hostility-free.
How much do they value money?
Don't you always want what you don't have?
Wants to get married?
She likes the concept, despite not wanting a relationship. She'd be liable to marry a best friend if they were down.
Wants to have kids, raise a family?
Amelia almost definitely wants to adopt.
Passive, agressive, or defensive?
Cat or dog person?
She dotes upon her cat, but finds dogs to be cute too.
Life's too short and grudges are energy-consuming.
Anyone they really hate?
Um... fascists? *shrug*
Most traumatic experience?
Hearing her parents have sex on more than one occasion.
What brings them the most joy?
The security that comes with depending on people.
Are they ticklish?
Not at all. This puts the fear of god into people.
Do they play any instruments?
She knows basic piano, but has never pursued it fully.
Coke or Pepsi?
Neither. Carbonated drinks give her hella indigestion.
She's a born Ravenclaw.
If they could have one thing in the world?
Guaranteed financial security.
Would they dare kill someone?
Body modifications? (Piercings, implants, tattoos etc.)
Not her thing.